(Watch more videos on the Justice Internship here)
We have now equipped 43 interns from 20 states through our pureHOPE Justice Internship designed to train emerging leaders to embrace a justice lifestyle—even amidst our sexually exploitative culture. We have discipled students in every field, from law to business, ministry to design, who are now stretched to the corners of the earth cultivating their communities, building their families, and acting as a collective force for shalom! Their fingerprints on our resources and our poetic and prophetic lifestyle magazine, A World Free, are turning mundane coffee tables into ministry platforms across the globe. This discipleship program is truly unique.
Culture, as we’ve shared before, literally means “cultivations of souls.” From college campuses to our communities, whatever culture or subculture we find ourselves in, there is sexual brokenness. The deceiver of the whole world (Revelation 12:9) loves to use tactics that mar our understanding of sexual identity—of bearing His image as male and female, sons and daughters of the Most High. But our hope is greater than his schemes. We are being purified daily by the One who is pure, Jesus. This is what pureHOPE is about! Through our conferences and resources, we tell stories, catalyze conversations, and minister to undo and prevent further brokenness and heartache. Our vision is a world free of sexual exploitation and brokenness.
Can you picture it? Journey with us in the pursuit of everyday justice. And let this charge, that summarizes our transformative Justice experience, become your own:
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession who are zealous for good works. — Titus 2:11-14
If you are interested in hearing more about the history and future of the pureHOPE Justice Internship, or learning about topics such as how to respond and cultivate justice in a sexualized culture, how pornography, sex-trafficking and various forms of exploitation are connected, how our spiritual formation impacts our leadership potential, or what God’s Word has to say on justice and purity, contact us here.
You can see the resource last year’s interns worked on here.
- Being able to work in this ministry has confirmed my desires to want to do vocational ministry full-time.Jack, Texas A&M, College Station, TX
- My life has been transformed to seek the LORD more intimately, to submit to Him more fully, and to fight injustice more passionately.Aubrey, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX
- I now understand the nature of sex trafficking locally and the importance of non-profits working together toward a common goal.Danny, Moody Bible Institute, Spokane, WA
- I came into the internship with serious personal convictions, but I am leaving with the skillset to communicate those convictions with confidence and love.Margaret, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
- This internship taught me how to actually live out my God given passions. I now know how I can be an accountant as well as pursue justice in my life.Hannah, Dallas Baptist University, Dallas, TX
- I am so excited to go home and share that fighting for justice can truly be done by everyone!Katie, University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire, Eau Claire, WI